Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crazy Couple Weeks

I'm a bit behind on my blog... guess I'm not a very good blogger :-( Here are the highlights of the last couple weeks.
Two weeks ago on a Saturday which is our long workout, we road 26 miles, the longest ride to date! It was good, one really challenging hill but I road my way (slowly) to the top and enjoyed the ride down.

Unfortunately, not long after the hill I had my first experience with forgetting to clip my feet out of my pedals before attempting to stop and tipped over.... it's was like slow motion, the bike and I went together. I was fine but got a nasty bruise on my elbow where it hit the ground to break my fall. At least know one I know saw me fall but lots of people in cars did!

Then I was off to DC for work and managed to get up at 6am (3am pst) to run on the treadmill. I was having a good workout until the fire alarm went off and my run was cut short at 3 miles.

This past Saturday was a HUGE workout, bike 20 miles and then run 4 miles (or 40 minutes). I worked out for 2 hours and 17 minutes! I'm off to Palm Springs this week to visit my parents so hoping to get in a few good swims and runs in the heat to see how my body is affected. Many of you know that I'm not good at exercising in the sun.... gives me migraines and makes me nauseous. What I was thinking signing up for a triathlon in Hawaii is beyond me... wishful thinking I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment