Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday B4 the Race

Aloha,

I woke at 5am (8pm pacific)and got some work in. Then it was time to put on the uniform and back my bag, we were going to do our first mini tri for the race. The last couple miles of the run course are on dirt/lava paths that look a little sketchy and we literally run through the resort back to the beack to finish where we started.

I met up with the team, feeling a bit antsy not knowing what to expect. We rode our bikes to the swim area, set up our transition area and then hit the water. I have never swam in open water... wait, that's not true.. does jumping off a boat adn swimming around count as an open water swim?

Anyway, when I first started swimming with the group it was freaky. I had to calm down a smidge but wasn't going to stop, once I got my pace going I was fine! After the swim we run to our transition area, put on socks, bike shoes and helmet to start the ride portion. Once I was riding the bike, I was like (explative) YA!!!!! We rode for 30 minutes then came back for the run.

Again, at transition helmet off, hat on change shoes and off ya go! The area we ran is the true beginning of the run over lava rocks, it's harder than I thought it would be. We jogged up to the street and back, not to far but it was an awesome feeling when I was done. I have the confidence I need to compete in the race.

We will do another tri-training tomorrow but then it's game on! I'm so excited and glad that I agreed to try this with Team in Training, it is a great program was an amazing group of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment